Pagan Blog Prompt: Resolutions and Goals
December 30, 2010
Posted by on
I’ve been debating for a while now on doing certain posts on certain days. The issue with this is that it makes it harder to eventually create a stock pile of posts for when I’m too busy to sit and write, giving me the ability to only hit “publish” and move on for the day. However, I think that taking time once a week to write fresh will be a good challenge. Without further ado, I give you Pagan Blog Prompt Thursdays.
Today’s Pagan Blog Prompt:
Today, 30 December, is the end of Mercury’s current retrograde period. Seems about right that we be setting new goals for ourselves, whether in the form of New Year’s Resolutions or simply as results of the inner journey from the retrograde period.
So, feel free to share whichever you are comfortable with… Personal New Year’s resolutions, goals for you and your projects, or steps you plan to take in your spiritual journey, in 2011 and beyond.
While my actual new year, Samhain, starts back on October 31, I normally don’t do New Year’s Resolutions in the style that most people forced to live by the Gregorian calendar do. The difference is that this year I’ve been a bit more in tune with myself throughout the retrograde. In years past I’ve forced myself to lock down tight and to not feel, think, or do anything during the retrograde because of the raw energy that builds up and implodes at random moments. This year, I’ve embraced it.
That being said, I’ve created a list of things in my head that I would like to do and/or work on between now and next Samhain. I’ve tried to break them into categories and made sure that they are manageable goals. I’ll also be posting my goals in the back of my journal and listing them on Ravelry as well. It’s always helpful to have support when you’re working on something such as this.
Will this list change? Possibly. If it does, I’m hoping to re-post it. Ideally I’d love to update at the end of every month to see how I’m doing.
- Finish my blue/tan socks.
- Make 2 more pairs of socks for me.
- Make 2 more pairs of socks for Joe.
- Make dragon fly blanket for hope chest – 11 blocks to go, roughly 1 a month.
- Make Shalom Cardigan by Lori from Involving the Senses.
- Finish Charlie Brown blanket.
- Work on hope chest.
- Get more exercise as a family.
- Work on keeping the house more tidy.
- Finish the dishes every night before bed at least 5x a week.
- Begin a budget and savings plan.
- Make a family chore binder (?)
- Finish painting the bathroom, washroom, and two bedrooms.